Saturday, June 9, 2012

Grandma's Goodie Recipe: Corn "Pie" with Yoghurt and Dill

Now, my grandma always said about this salty dish it's a cookie, or a pie, I never understood why, but maybe you will discover and let me know :) As far as I am concerned, it's so good that you can definitely think of it as a real pie :)

So here we go, you'll need:
  • 500 ml of sour milk or light yoghurt
  • 2 eggs
  • 200 ml water
  • 2 tablespoons of corn flour
  • 1 onion
  • dill according with your taste (a lot, in my case)
  • oil, salt, pepper to taste




First, you cut the onion very very thinly and saute it for couple of minutes; in the meantime, mix the sour milk/yoghurt with the corn flour, water and the 2 eggs, salt, pepper, then pour it over the onion and let it boil.


You will notice that the mixture will soon thicken, just like polenta. Chop the dill and add it to the "pie" and that's it.



I personally adore this "pie" because of its unexpected taste, you should try it as well! It only takes you half an hour to prepare and cook it!

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment